- PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS. Our next meeting will be September 19th, 2007 from 10 a.m. to 2
p.m. at the Iowa Pork Producers Association office located at 1636 NW 114th Street, Clive, Iowa.
- To foster the success of highly differentiated pork value
chains that are profitable to all participants, that incorporate farmer
ownership and control, and that contribute to environmental stewardship
and rural vitality.
- The PNMWG provides a forum for groups and individuals
interested in niche pork to come together, exchange information, and
strategize ways of working together to address the key challenges facing
niche pork supply chains. The PNMWG also uses funding from various
sources to support projects aimed at addressing these challenges.
- Oversight of PNMWG activities is provided by a steering committee. Steering committee members
include the Leopold Center, Practical Farmers of Iowa, Iowa State
University Extension, Iowa Pork Producers Association, Iowa Institute
for Cooperatives, USDA Rural Development and the Iowa Pork Industry
- Funding for the PNMWG currently comes from the
Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture, the Iowa Pork Producers
Association, the Iowa Institute for Cooperatives, the Value Chain
Partnerships for Sustainable Agriculture project, and a grant from the
USDA Value Added Development Grant program.